Recipes

Translate

Sunday 14 July 2024

First Produce

    Apart from a few raspberries (a very small crop this year after last year's bumper one), I finally got to pick a zucchini today. It wasn't very big but was enough to make a batch of fritters. It made 6 fritters and I had three with my evening meal and will have the rest tomorrow. It was a very easy recipe from Lidia's cook book, just grated zucchini, an egg and some flour with baking powder and salt mixed in. It probably took me 20 minutes to make and cook. I think the secret is to squeeze the grated zucchini in a kitchen towel to remove as much moisture as possible, then they fry up nice and crisp.

    We had quite heavy rain this afternoon so, since I was house bound I made a loaf in my bread machine. It will be cool enough to slice soon so that's my last chore for today.

4 comments:

  1. The fritters sound really lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were tasty but I'm anticipating having to find more recipes!

      Delete
  2. Nice that you use your home grown veggies. I must try that fritter recipe as normally I only use zucchini for chocolate cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I wouldn't mind having that recipe!

    ReplyDelete