Recipes

Translate

Saturday 5 March 2022

A Couple of Signs of Spring

    Seems ages since I last posted but here I am, still around!

    We had a Zoom meeting on Thursday (how people love to talk, it went on and on) but the only part I was involved in was whether to start up our activities again. Seemingly head office ( RTO - retired teachers) thinks we need to be getting out there with activities for our members. So after the meeting I looked into getting the Knitters and Crafters started. About 10 people are eager to meet but unfortunately the community centre where we used to meet is booked at our time. I will go down on Monday and try to arrange something with them.

   Weather is still very iffy and although we have had some nice sunny days, it's still pretty chilly. We have been going through a cycle of freezing and thawing but tomorrow is supposed to get up to 15C with rain. Maybe this is the start of the snow disappearing! I saw a few green shoots in a sheltered spot this morning.

   I was up at the crack of dawn today (for me that was 6:45) to sign up for some fitness classes at the senior's centre. The website opened at 7:00 and I got on pretty quickly and enrolled in three classes - Gentle Fit, Stretch and Strength and Yoga. That will get me out of the house before 9:00 a.m. three mornings at least. I have become very lazy recently with no reason to be anywhere. After my early rise I won't be staying up late tonight. 

10 comments:

  1. Enrolling in classes is a great motivator. My dogs keep me from being lazy. They each get walked (separately) 3 times a day, with the first walk averaging a little more than 1 mile per dog. It is pretty low key with the older dog, but sometimes I can run with the younger one - which we both enjoy. I'm sure you will enjoy your classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need motivation to exercise!

      Delete
  2. How good to be back to normalish. The exercise classes sound great. We have free yoga in the park somewhere around here but I am yet to explore. Our craft group has been a life saver over covid. We have zoomed through lockdown, chatted on facebook and eased back into face to face when allowed to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still feels a long way from normal. Today I visited the family for grandson's 16th birthday.

      Delete
  3. I so wish we had something here like your Senior Center. Instead we have gyms which at this point in time I am still staying away from.

    Hope you get a good time for your group to meet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The classes are a great idea. I keep meaning to sign up for something similar. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very low impact but do get the blood moving. Also some sociability although we can only remove our masks when actually working out.

      Delete
  5. I think Doug's slogan for his campaign of "back to work, back to life" sounds like your RTO are taking that slogan on. All three of your classes sound fun & positive. How fun to be together to celebrate your grandson's 16th - such a milestone for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's already talking about driving lessons! Seems no time at all since he was a toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those classes sound great. What I love most about my Pilates class is that it both strengthens my core to help with balance and all the movements leave my back and whole body totally stretched out and relaxed. I think I may need to double up on the classes for the next few months to get back to a more active level more summer arrives with all the activities we hope to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete