Recipes

Translate

Monday 21 March 2022

Starting to Get Out More

   It has been a long, long wait  but finally things are beginning to open up here. Masks are no longer mandatory (except for a few exceptions) but many people are planning to keep them on for a few more weeks. I can't wait to resume most of the activities I used to do pre-Covid!  

   Last week I added two Scottish Country dancing classes to my weekly schedule as they finally started back so that is Mon., Tues. and Fri. evenings busy. Tomorrow I will be going back to the Bridge group (will need some refreshers as I have only played online since March 2020 but that will get my brain working) - can't believe that will be two activities on the same day.

   On Thursday the monthly Probus meetings will start up and if that's not enough excitement, I got a call to come in to the Senior's Centre to serve in the kitchen. My shift will be Wednesday afternoon again this year, that starts on April 6th. Also that week the Fitness classes resume and I have signed up for Yoga as well. 

    On top of all that, the tennis clubs are opening in April so I must send in my membership fee so I can get out there when the weather is nice. Hard to believe how everything is coming back to life. Be still my beating heart!

14 comments:

  1. It's a bit like that here. Masks are optional and some wear them, some don't. There are still places where they are mandatory but I have no idea what so I guess I haven't been there!
    You will be very busy this year. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to make the most of all the activities I can. It's been very hard being on my own so much!

      Delete
  2. I’m curious about the whole Probus thing. I wonder if it’s something I might enjoy here in my area. What kinds of things did you do before 2020? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are Probus clubs everywhere (three in my town) and we meet once a month. We have a 30 min. meeting to deal with business and hear about activities, then a coffee and treats break followed by a speaker (usually about an hour). There are other optional activities such as special lunches, book club, wine tasting nights, hikes, theatre etc. I imagine other groups run their meetings differently but this gives you an idea.

      Delete
  3. You are going to be busy in the coming months. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it can't come soon enough. I am very bored with my own company!

      Delete
  4. I know we still have to be careful but it really is so nice to be getting out and about a bit more again now.
    Have a lovely week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty tired after two activities yesterday. It will take me a while to get up to speed.

      Delete
  5. It must feel good to be back doing the activities you enjoy. It isn't quite the same online. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to see everyone again! Even with masks still on.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like your schedule is filling up quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is basically what I was doing in the before time. There's one group that hasn't started back up yet.

      Delete
  7. How lovely to get back to the old activities - and having stuff on the calendar. We won't take that for granted for a long time to come, will we.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo wonderful for the elimination of the crazy masking rules!!!!!! I am happy to see more and more people in the library, when I visit, are mask-less!!!

    Perhaps the ones still wearing them, have a very serious health issue or something... Being kind like that, helps me not just thing..... They were so brain-washed that they can't do without them. :-)

    Hooray for all your activities!

    πŸŒΈπŸŒΊπŸŒ·πŸ’“πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŒΈ

    ReplyDelete