Recipes

Translate

Thursday 24 March 2022

A Double Hit

   This was Wednesday. My neighbour "helped me out" by spreading some of the pile over the grass. At least I presume that's what happened.


     We had quite a lot of rain since then and today has been milder so the pile has shrunk considerably.


    It won't be long now until it is finally all gone!

    Probus meeting this morning and there were 57 people in attendance. Usually we have over 100 so some are obviously still reluctant to get out in public yet. We are all Seniors so that is understandable. One friend who is over 90 was there. She said she was just desperate for some human contact. The speaker was excellent - his subject was Aretha Franklin and he shared photos and archival footage of some of her early performances. What a "Natural Woman"! Do you remember that song? Also R-E-S-P-E-C-T!



14 comments:

  1. Oooh. Nearly gone!! That hasn't taken too long it seems.
    I find here people are either embracing normality and getting back into things or not venturing out. It almost seems to be a 50/50 split.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a topic I could have enjoyed very much -- I got lots of respect for Aretha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the You Tube video. Hope you come back for another look.

      Delete
  3. I think we are forecast possible snow after this weekend - just when it has been nice and warm and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that 57 people did turn out for the first Probus in a long time. I find our 90's from church have been the boldest to return to "normal" life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they want to make the most of what time they have left!

      Delete
  5. Snow almost gone, ours has been gone for a week or more now, however, the forecast is possible snow on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite cold and gloomy here today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aretha Franklin oh! wow! I am a fan and always will be. She had such a powerful voice and I just love the video clip where she is singing to President Obama.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cF0tf35Mbo. Enjoy. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that one was also in the presentation. I wasn't a big fan but I am now!

      Delete
  8. Your pile of snow is almost gone!! We have a bit left in the shadier parts of the yard, but each day I notice the piles getting smaller.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the 90 year old who came out!!!!!! Hooray for her!!!!

    I'm 85 and I have been saying for some time.... We have to learn to live/die with this miserable corona virus. We can not stay closed in our homes, masked when we go out, afraid of the air we breathe, etc., forever.

    OK off my soap box. :-))))))))

    πŸŒΈπŸŒΊπŸŒ·πŸ’“πŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸŒΈ

    ReplyDelete