Recipes

Translate

Thursday 10 March 2022

Sign Me Up For Some Warm Weather

    Snow is forecast for tonight (pray God it's the last time!) and there are still snow banks lurking about. Everywhere the snow has melted is a muddy mess. I had a wander around the garden to see what was coming up and to inspect the pool cover which has a huge rip in it. Once all the snow has melted on top of it I will tape it up with duct tape - the universal repair kit! I think the cover will last until it is time to remove it in May but there will have to be a new one for next winter.

   In the garden, however, there are signs of life.

There are quite a few clumps of these spiky shoots, probably daffodils.


But nothing much happening here and won`t be for some time! It`s my rhubarb patch and it`s in a shady spot.
 

   What we desperately need is sunshine, warmth and a ton of rain to clean things up. Can`t wait!


12 comments:

  1. We are experiencing glorious autumn days here. For the first time, I think you can keep your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr... we don't get much snow at all but I am desperate for some warmer weather and an end to these storms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a couple of cms.(it's still snowing) but I'm not going to bother shoveling as it will warm up on the weekend.

      Delete
  3. The snow overnight looks pretty this morning & I say that only as a woman with no driving expectations for the day! I am with you about needing lots more sunshine to melt that last of the large snow drifts & pile of shoveled remains of the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. I've tucked the car away for the weekend!

      Delete
  4. Thankfully no snow here but we do have endless rain and gale force winds. Must admit the snow does look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had some snow overnight, like you I have had enough snow, time for some warm rain and then sunshine to get things growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still snowing here but not lying on the roads.

      Delete
  6. I am keeping my fingers crossed that spring arrives and arrives soon. I am tired of the cold and snow. My rhubarb patch looks like yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is slowly edging in around here, for which I am very grateful. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had an inch of snow on Friday after having had some lovely warm temperatures in the days before. I too am ready for it to get warm and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete