Recipes

Translate

Friday 10 December 2021

This and That

    At a loose end this afternoon so decided to tidy out the closet in my office. That turned out to be a bigger job than I could possibly have imagined and, after filling three garbage bags, I abandoned it for another day. Who knew I had accumulated so much of what can only be described as rubbish? I tend to shove things in and close the door, always a mistake!

The mess in my office - and that's just half of what was in the closet!

    I continue to investigate vegetarian options and this week I found a reduced package of veggie burgers. I have used two so far - the first I ate as a filling for a wrap but even with a healthy dollop of brown sauce and some salsa, it was a bit dry. Next day I crumbled another and added it to spaghetti sauce - that was much better and made two satisfying meals with the addition of more vegetables. I probably won't buy it again as, even with the reduced price, it was more expensive than ground meat. I guess you get what you pay for!

It did have quite a nice spicy taste and the texture was "OK".
 something I have found disagreeable with other products.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not brave enough to open any cupboards here! Things tend to get hidden behind closed doors!!
    From previous attempts at eating vegetarian I have found it tastier to make from scratch. Falafel using chick peas, nut loaf, chilli beans. Anything other than tofu and the disgusting textured vegetable protein (TVP) *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried making Falafel but it wasn't a great success. I do make a bean casserole frequently but usually put sausages in it!

      Delete
  2. That sort of job always ends up being bigger than expected. It's why I try my best not to start them the first place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been bugging me for a while as I can never find what I am looking for.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have no need of a cupboard anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately quite a lot of stuff went back in but in a tidier way!

      Delete
  4. I have promised myself that when we move into our new house my filing cupboard will be kept clear, tidy and no junk allowed. Yeah... right...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you will be starting with a clean slate. I have been accumulating stuff here since 1998!

      Delete
  5. Leaving doors and cupboards closed here until after Christmas, I am scared at what I could find lurking.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It started off with looking for some Christmas wrapping paper........

    ReplyDelete