Recipes

Translate

Saturday 18 December 2021

Finally Socializing

    Thought I'd better check in - it's been a while!

   Thursday was the Probus Club Christmas lunch and although the meal was a bit disappointing and expensive, it was lovely to see so many familiar faces. I won't complain about my other social group's lunches ever again (when and if we get to return to them) as they are far superior and quite a bit less in price. We were rather a small group of about 30 (usually over 100) as many were nervous about mixing. However, I had a lovely chat with the ladies at my table and left much cheered. We are heading into increased safety measures starting on Monday so we just sneaked in ahead of restrictions in numbers.

   Got my booster shot yesterday without too much trouble and no side effects except I had a rather long nap this afternoon - it may not be related but that's my excuse for being lazy!

   Snow today and quite a lot of it so I didn't go anywhere. It's still coming down but I shoveled a bit (just so it's less to do tomorrow). I have started making lists of things to do between now and the 25th., mostly involving sprucing up the house for visitors, even though it's just family. I even got out a few Christmas decorations although the grands are going to decorate my tree when they come over for lunch.

   My favourite Christmas song from the movie "Love Actually". Hope you like it.



9 comments:

  1. It's funny how we appreciate the little things so much more now. I am glad you enjoyed your get together. My booster is due in Feb so well past the festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am envious of your snow, although the weather here has been chilly here, and it is beginning to feel much more seasonal. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is lovely when it first arrives but very quickly becomes a pain in the butt!

      Delete
  3. At this time of year I am mildly jealous of all your snow. It would be so lovely to have a white Christmas but, sadly, it never happens around here.
    I'm glad you had such a lovely time at the lunch.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be happy you don't have to shovel it to get your car out of the drifts!

      Delete
  4. Yeah to one more gathering before the next round of restrictions - I imagine Doug will be us into another "circuit breaker" lockdown. Bonus you got your booster jab now. Our library has been recruited to helping with making booster appts now that it is open to 18+, so major cutbacks on services & times at the library. The snow was pretty & I say only because I did not have to go out in it (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dougie is not my favourite person but I won't mind if he cracks down on the numbers at big events. About time, say I!

      Delete
  5. I had a sore arm, and was very tired after my booster. Heck I am still tired, but I can't blame the booster now.

    Like you I am making my final lists for Christmas and hoping that both our sons will make it. Eldest is having a few car problems so that could be touch and go. He has some really good friends that offered their truck (they are away right now) for his use to come home. We shall see what happens.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice that you had a get-together. We all need that. I had to look up Probus Club, and now I wish we had one of those too. Honestly, food service at restaurants is really touch and go these days. Hubby and I lucked out the other day for a spontaneous Christmas lunch out, and we were so grateful that the restaurant had been able to maintain its standards through Covid. They were busy and hustling, so it was not perfect. But just a few days before we were entertaining family at their nearest competitor and it was just terrible. Hopefully by spring everything will return to normal and we can be doing many, many more outings.

    ReplyDelete