Recipes

Translate

Sunday 26 December 2021

My New Toy

   Despite no working oven, Christmas lunch went without a hitch. Daughter cooked the roast tatties and capon (I'm not a fan of turkey) to perfection, and they transported from her house successfully. Gifts were exchanged and here's my new toy from them.

An Instapot - really a high tech pressure cooker but nothing like your mother's version.

   I have given it a trial run and am ready for something more adventurous. Maybe after I have finished eating all the leftovers. Today I cleaned up, stripped the bird and made stock from the carcass so won't need to cook again for the rest of the week. Even though I sent lots home with the visitors, there's still a ton of food to eat up. Nothing wrong with that IMHO!



 

16 comments:

  1. Be sure and let us know what you make your instapot. It looks very high-tech!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter swears by it so I am hoping for good things.

      Delete
  2. Your new pot looks fascinating. Still no baking, though, I'm guessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, no. But my freezer is still full of enough goodies to satisfy my sweet tooth.

      Delete
  3. I have an instant pot - it's very, very useful. Have fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't come with a recipe book but I will search online for ideas.

      Delete
  4. I bought myself an instantpot a few weeks ago love it. I also make yogurt in mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing I am hoping to learn how to make!

      Delete
    2. It is so easy heat 2 litres (4 pints) of milk to just below boiling use sauté setting, leave to cool till it reaches 120 degrees F remove about 2 cups of milk stir in 3 rounded desert spoons of yogurt stir back into milk. Put on lid turn pressure leaver to on press yogurt, if you want a stronger flavoured yogurt press the plus button to increase the time. I have a meat thermometer but you can just cook until you can put your finger in and it is hot but not burny I also flavour it with jam. If you want it thicker just strain through some Muslim. I heat the milk while I am making dinner then switch on before I go to bed and it is ready in the morning.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Moira. I'll give it a try and let you know how it works out. I do like a thick yogurt!

      Delete
  5. Have fun with your new toy, and share any can't miss recipes that you perfect. I got one (not the InstaPot brand) 3 years ago for Christmas. It took me two years to get it out of the box and into a kitchen cabinet. Still have yet to read the instruction book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far all I've done is boil water to test the pressure cooker setting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love my instant pot. I use it at least once a week. Mostly to make rice, but I have made stew, roasts, and a few casserole type meals in it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have any special recipes you use, Jackie. It didn't come with a recipe book, unfortunately.

      Delete