Recipes

Translate

Sunday 19 December 2021

And So It Begins......

    Although we had snow earlier this month, it didn't stick around. However, yesterday's snow may be here to stay. In other words it may last until March or April with more loads added along the way! At least I can put away my lawn mower for the next 3 or 4 months.


   See my trusty snow shovel! I do have a small snowblower but only use it for major snow falls.

  The city sends round a little snowplow that clears the sidewalk but the driveways are left to the home owners. It took me just under an hour to get my car cleaned off and the driveway cleared and that was my exercise for the day. I did it early to take advantage of the sun to dry off the paved areas. It was rather chilly (-10C) and I worked until my hands were icicles then went in to warm up before going back out to finish the job.

   There wasn't enough snow for the big snowplows to come around to clear the street which meant no windrow across the end of my driveway - a bonus, for sure as it tends to turn to ice and weigh a ton!

10 comments:

  1. That looks like heaven to me. Make sure to post the miserable slushy stuff so I can see reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. It did get a bit slushy today as the temperature got up to 2C. Do you ever get below zero temperatures?

      Delete
    2. Not where I live. In the hills around Melbourne it can and cities like Canberra and Hobart get really cold.

      Delete
  2. I have a shovel like that - I think I've used it once since Dad gave it to me two decades ago!!!

    It looks beautiful but minus 10 is just 'pretty chilly'? I'd call it absolutely flippin' freezing!! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun was shining so it didn't feel too bad!

      Delete
  3. Mother Nature is gifting us with a reminder that the Winter Solstice is about to arrive on Tuesday. A cheerful red snow shovel won't get lost in the snow bank. Nice that you don't have to do the sidewalk in front of your house & that the city takes care of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are blessed in that respect though people complain because it digs up the edge of their lawn!

      Delete
  4. You have more snow that us, only a sprinkling, really not enough to even shovel off, however, the car needed to be clean before it started to melt a little and then freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess because we are near Lake Ontario. My car had a hefty covering.

      Delete
  5. How nice that they clear sidewalks, that's pretty much unheard of here. No snow on our schedule and yesterday our lawn folks got around to mow/mulch all the leaves, so we are enjoying green again instead of brown. So now I wouldn't mind a dusting of white on top.

    ReplyDelete