Recipes

Translate

Monday 27 December 2021

A Bit of a Letdown

    Weather not cooperating today. I haven't been out since last Friday but, luckily, have plenty to keep me busy indoors. Today is strong winds and snow squalls, and the forecast is for freezing drizzle overnight, Yuk!

   The last of the Christmas meal will soon either be eaten or tucked away in the freezer and that includes the soup I made yesterday. Time for something different and it may well be vegetarian. You can only eat so much meat before the stomach requires a rest. I think there may be a couple of mince tarts calling my name later this evening but that's it!

   The decorations are starting to come down but I am interspersing it with reading or working on a puzzle. There's no rush and the tree will stay up until the new year. I love its sparkly brightness! 



12 comments:

  1. My trees are going to stay up for a bit yet. Love the lights in the evenings.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will also leave my outdoor lights up for a bit longer.

      Delete
  2. We took a break from leftovers today. I like your photo of the ornaments on the tree. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stinking hot here! Down to the beach for an ice cream. No decorations to take down this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cruel! I'd love to be on a beach somewhere warm!

      Delete
  4. I love the decorations too; they brighten up a very gloomy time of the year. I keep mine up until Twelfth Night, although some bits and pieces come down before then.

    Like you, I feel the need for simple and vegetable high meals. It's not the meat for me, it's all the carbs - all the nibbles and so on.

    Have a lovely day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used up the last of the stuffing to make a bread pudding. It looks good but, as you said, the carbs are overwhelming at this time of year.

      Delete
  5. It was a blustery winter's day yesterday & so far this morning it seems to be a repeat (Tuesday). We also had a rest from Christmas Day left overs & I've taken to freezing and/or hiding the rest of the treats! I did not get any mincemeat tarts this year - so please enjoy 1 or 2 for me :)
    I think our tree will stay until Jan 6th - we are really needing the charm of the lights & sparkle of decorations ... your ornaments are charming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We felt too much of a letdown to tackle putting Christmas away on Monday. I had it up early and I definitely don't want it up late this year. We are whittling away at the Christmas Eve leftovers, but tiring of them a bit, so last night I decided it was worth the effort to cook some simple pasta for a change of pace. I froze some leftovers, but I am going to sneak a few others into the trash when hubby isn't looking, as it gets picked up today. Because not everything leftover-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That may happen at my house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a lovely fresh salad straight from my garden for us today. A tin of pear cider is currently washing it all down nicely. Do you think that counts as one of my five a day?

    ReplyDelete