Recipes

Translate

Friday 2 May 2014

Furnace Install

   Up bright and early on Thursday to receive the installers. They were right on time and worked diligently all day, finishing around 5:30 p.m. So now I have central air as well as heating (my previous air conditioner was installed in the attic, prey to squirrels and other rodents and almost impossible to access for repair). Now I can switch back and forth from heat to cool from the main thermostat. Much more convenient!

   I had a problem when it came time to pay, using my credit card. I had managed to get the credit limit raised on one card (still not high enough to pay the whole bill) but neglected to check what the limit was on my other card. Surprise, surprise, it was declined! So I still owe a portion of the bill. However, I have arranged to pay the balance with a cheque next week, once I have transferred some money from my savings account to my chequing account. That will take a couple of days.

   Still need the heat on today, but at a cheaper rate (hopefully) as the new furnace is high-efficiency. Quite overcast all day, and windy, but no rain. This morning I had a crown replaced, my final visit to the dentist for 6 months, thank goodness. As the visit was just to replace the temporary crown, no freezing was required and I was in and out in under half-an-hour, payment made and, hopefully, money back from the insurance company in the next few days. 

   I have a busy day tomorrow - tennis club opening in the morning, including lunch, and then a quick run over to the west end for Gala Day, an afternoon of dance followed by high tea. Shouldn't need any dinner after that. So today was running errands that I usually do on Saturday. Only problem may be the weather, rain is forecast. Off to fix chicken drumsticks for dinner and mashed sweet potato and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment