Recipes

Translate

Monday 19 May 2014

A Big Feast

  The weather today was ideal for a morning of tennis. I managed to play for about an hour and a half, with a few breaks. As expected, there was a humungous amount of food brought in, but I think I did it justice. I took a batch of phyllo twists from the freezer (just had to cook them at home and heat them up again before lunch). As well as hamburgers and sausages, there were several salads, couscous, pastas, veggies and dip, meatballs, and tons of cakes, fruit, watermelon and other desserts. Also there was coffee, iced tea and fruit drinks. Not much was left after the gannets descended on the tables. Everyone is so generous with their contributions and time to set up and clean up. I won a pair of tennis socks in the lucky draw!

     stopped in at Home Depot on the way home to pick up some grass fertilizer, nasturtium seeds, and weed killer spray, something to work on in my spare time. I cut the front grass this afternoon and then retired from the garden in exhaustion. Since then I have been vegging on the couch and will have a light dinner of leftovers in front of the TV. It can't get better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment