Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Rain and More Rain

   They say, "April showers bring May flowers", and we have had plenty of the former today. The back yard is just one giant puddle due to the fact that the downspout from the roof runs directly into it. I really need to get a rain barrel. Trees still bare but there are big velvety buds on the Mountain Ash, so leaves should appear soon. Even the Forsythia is still bare.

   Since I was stuck inside I tackled an indoor job, removing some ceiling tiles in the basement so the vent for the air conditioner can be installed on Thursday. I got two down but the third is a two person job so I will have to leave it to the installers. They suggested I do it myself in case they damage the tiles but, what the heck, it's not like they are irreplaceable! I also removed the insulation which was a much easier job.

   Rain finally stopped around 4:00 p.m. and I walked down to the mailbox to post my tax return. I owe money as usual which is why I waited until the last moment, but it is on its way and the money will be out of my account before I know it. That is one of my least favourite jobs; I am always glad when it is done.

   Off to fix dinner. Tonight it's a fish pie (of sorts, more like Shepherd's pie with a potato crust) and a broccoli casserole. I scored a huge piece of Parmigiano Reggiano at Longo's last week which had been incorrectly priced - entered as cream cheese so was half the price (is that dishonest?), so I have been putting it on everything!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment