Recipes

Translate

Sunday 27 April 2014

The Weeknd

   A rather late rise today as I had been out late to the RSCDS AGM and Dance last night.  We didn't get to do much dancing as the meeting went on rather long -  a contentious motion to raise the membership fee led to a rather heated discussion. Result was the motion did not pass and the fee remains the same.

   Today I managed to get to the tennis courts by 9:30 and hit with Stewart and Ron for about an hour. It was sunny but a little on the cool side so only 7 people showed up. It won't be long until the courts are filled by 9:00 a.m. and I will have to get my skates on to be over there in time for a spot!

     A little bit of gardening this afternoon and a walk down to the drug store. Checked my blood pressure - in the "normal" range, so no worries there. Now it's time to relax with a snack and aperitif before fixing dinner. It's pork ribs tonight, presently braising in the oven, then I will finish them on the BBQ, basted with a tasty sauce. Garlic potatoes and broccoli on the side. That should keep me going until tomorrow's breakfast. I hope James is well enough to come as we have such fun together. I will really miss him in September when he starts school! 

No comments:

Post a Comment