Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 15 April 2014

April (Snow) Showers

   We have had a few very unusual days, weatherwise, recently. Saturday and Sunday were beautifully warm and sunny. In fact Sunday reached 20C and I was finally able to discard all the winter clothing. Monday also was very warm, another record high, this time 21C, but extremely windy - almost gale force. While shopping I witnessed a light standard coming down in the plaza parking lot. Luckily no one was passing at the time so no serious damage. James and I went to the park but only stayed a few minutes as the wind was rattling the trees something fierce and blowing leaves and dust in all directions. The wise thing seemed to be to head for home which we did.

   Then, in the afternoon, we had a rain storm which lasted for an hour, battering against the windows. By the evening the temperature was dropping. It was 7C when I came home although the wind had subsided a bit. This morning we awoke to snow on the ground and the temperature has remained just below 0C all day. This had to be the day I had booked to get my "summer cut" so now I have short hair and a cold head!  All told the temperature dropped 21 degrees in about 18 hours so I am back to winter coat, boots and gloves. Too big an adjustment for the body to cope with!

   I am getting my furnace and air conditioning replaced in May and had the guys in today to check where it will go. Last summer the air conditioning was "on the blink" and it was quite unbearably hot on occasion. But, since it is located in the attic, it s very difficult to get at; in fact the technician told me that it would be well nigh impossible to get anyone to go up there to fix it. So now it will be part of the heating system, thus the need for a new furnace. There may have to be some reconfiguring of the vents so I will have to discuss it with Steve when he's over on the weekend, as he will have to help with the work. Hopefully, Dave will help too. I am looking forward to a big crowd (well, 9 of us) on Sunday for Easter dinner - roast lamb and all the fixings.

No comments:

Post a Comment