Recipes

Translate

Friday 25 April 2014

A Day At Home

    James is sick today so has been kept home. I filled the day with a trip to the library -  I had books to return and found a couple more that look interesting. After I got home and fixed coffee and toast (using some of last year's rhubarb jam) I spent the rest of the morning working on my tax return. That is now completed and ready to put in the mail. However, since I owe money this year, it won't go in the mailbox until the last possible moment!

   The day started off looking reasonable enough but when I went out the wind was still very cold. Now it is raining lightly, good for the garden but rather gloomy. I have the fire on so things are toasty indoors. I am going out early tonight so will forego dinner in lieu of a light snack - I took some shrimp out of the freezer earlier so that, along with cheese and crackers, should suffice
Finally, something growing in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment