Recipes

Translate

Saturday 19 April 2014

Easter

   Yesterday was a holiday and, as the weather was less than obliging (cool and rainy), I stayed indoors and made an attempt to get the house in order for visitors on Sunday.

   Today was quite a different story - lovely blue sky and the temperature climbing - I couldn't wait to get outdoors. I had quite a few errands to run, mostly to do with tomorrow's meal, but I was home by 11:30 a.m. I whipped up a quick marinade for the lamb I will cook tomorrow, and got a loaf started in the bread machine using a sour dough starter I put together yesterday. Unfortunately, I must have omitted some of the liquid because the dough wouldn't come together. A quick fix (more warm water with some yeast added), some gentle kneading, then back in the machine to finish the cycle. Miraculously it has risen! Only on Easter could this happen. It is now in the oven and, hopefully, it will taste delicious.  
Risen and ready for the oven.


The finished product, ready to eat!


I saw the cutest little rabbits in the garden yesterday and managed to get a photo of them. They stayed for quite a while. nibbling at some moss growing among the raspberry canes. How they survive the winter is a mystery as the ground is completely frozen and snow-covered for months. But they look quite healthy and well fed. Maybe they are plundering my composter.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment