Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Tidying Up

   I finally cleaned the oven this morning - I had a spill a couple of weeks ago which actually ignited the next time I turned on the oven. It has been getting progressively more charred each time I used the oven so a cleaning job was well overdue.

   I also cleared and cleaned the hall closet and put together a couple of bags of assorted scarves, hats, headbands and outer gear to deliver to the used clothing box at the church. Hope someone is able to make use of some of the items. On the way home I popped into the drug store for my 'flu shot - it is so convenient  compared to making a medical appointment. I read recently that these shot are only 50 to 60 % effective although the pharmacist thought it was more like 80%. But it helps by reducing the symptoms if you do contract the virus.

   This afternoon was also busy - I had a teaching assignment lined up and trundled off there for 12:30. It was French but I managed to struggle through. Then home for a quick snack then off to the cinema to see "Philomena", starring Judi Dench. A rather moving story based on real events but I won't spoil it for you by revealing the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment