Recipes

Translate

Saturday 9 March 2013

Signs of Spring


       Time to shed those winter woolies - the sun is shining, water is dripping off the eaves and all's right with the world!






 I have decided to document the arrival of Spring (also known as "The Great Meltdown"). Every few days I will photograph the snow around my house to document its disappearance for those of you not participating in it.

   In this photo, James is attempting to negotiate the snow drift outside my walkout. The sun on the snow was so bright he needed my sunglasses! You can't see his feet but the snow is up to his boot tops.

   Close to the brick wall of the house, where the sun has heated up the soil, a few shoots are poking through. I think these are daffodils, but I have also seen some hyacinth shoots too. It will be a few weeks until they are in flower but this is the first hopeful sign that life is returning to the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment