Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 6 March 2013

On the Slopes

    Had a great day skiing yesterday but forgot to take my camera so you will just have to trust me on this one. Despite being time for Spring skiing, the conditions were still wintry. Nicely groomed hills made for easy skiing under a brilliantly blue sky - no slush and mush yet, although the parking lot was decidedly muddy! We had some light cloud cover blow in just before noon but, by the time we came back out after lunch, this had blown away and the sun was brilliant again. My knees began to give out around two p.m. but I concluded the day by sitting in the sun at the foot of the hill for another hour - came home with a hot face but definitely got a good shot of Vitamin D.

    Just a regular day with James today. We went to the "Sing, Play, Learn" playgroup in the morning, had sausage, egg and soup for lunch (he polished everything off including a kiwi, his favourite fruit) and followed this up with yogurt and a granola bar after his nap. He seems to be making up for when he was off his food while sick.

    Time to have a quick bite before going to Scottish Country Dancing class. I found some orange beets at the store last week so am making a roasted beet salad with arugula, walnuts and goat cheese. I'll let you know how it turns out. I can smell the beets roasting as I type!

No comments:

Post a Comment