Recipes

Translate

Sunday 29 October 2023

Stay-at-home Sunday

     Tennis is pretty much over for the year. We had planned to play this morning but it was cold (5C) and damp so common sense prevailed and we stayed home. The nets will come down in a couple of days and that will be it until late April or early May. I had quite a long walk this afternoon once it had dried up, but I was well bundled up.

   I bought another humungous cauliflower this week and, since I am still eating (from the freezer) the soup I made with the last one, I decided to make a casserole with lots of cheese and a crunchy topping instead. Inevitably there was some tomato added! It was yummy and will last me several days.



   Another puzzle finished - this one has been on the go for nearly a month but I was determined not to give up. Now it can go back to the friend I borrowed it from. She did warn me it would take a while.



   And, finally, a late blooming hibiscus flower on the plant I brought indoors for the winter. There are two more buds almost ready to open.



6 comments:

  1. The cauliflower casserole looks absolutely delicious.
    A beautiful flower and such a nice splash of colour when the days are dreary. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get many blooms on it this year outside but it is finally making up for lost time!

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have some blooms left on your Hibiscus; it helps with the transition of the bare garden. That was certainly a large cauliflower. I've taken to roasting slices of cauliflower with a little drizzle of flavoured balsamic dressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds delicious! I've got some left so might just try that the next time I have the oven on.

      Delete
  3. I really like cauliflower in a casserole. Yours looks great.

    What a beautiful colour on that bloom.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only buy cauliflower in the Fall as they are usually so expensive. This last one was just $1.99!

      Delete