Recipes

Translate

Saturday 28 October 2023

Just a Few Jottings

     Got my shots this week - Covid last Monday and 'flu on Friday - no side effects. So I am set for all the winter coughs and sneezes.

   On Thursday I attended my first R.O.D.E.O. lunch of the year (Retired Old Dames Eating Out). This is a group from our Probus club and we are eating "around the world". Norma had made up passports for us to record each meal and thoughts on the different restaurants. This week it was A for Afghanistan and she found a local restaurant with food from that country. It's called Naan Kabob and I had a Paneer wrap and a delicious mango smoothie. Next month we are visiting The Balkans, can't wait to see what she comes up with.

   Exercise class was cancelled on Friday (Alison had twisted her ankle) so I went for a long walk instead and managed 5,000 steps. It was surprisingly mild, in fact a record was set for Oct. 28th - 23C!

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to eat meals from other cultures. Love this idea.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be fun, I like to try different tastes.

      Delete
  2. Well done with the vaccinations.
    RODEO sounds enormous fun - what a brilliant idea!
    xx

    ReplyDelete