Recipes

Translate

Friday 6 October 2023

What I'm Reading

    I don't think I've shared a pile of books on my bedside table for a while so here's what's there at the moment.

 This month's Book Club book, ready to be returned to the library, which I have already written about. Not one of my favourite reads but the whole idea of Book Club is to read stuff you wouldn't normally choose.


Next month's Book Club book. It took me a while to get into it but now I am really enjoying it. It has the element of surprise to it. I will report on the ensuing discussion in November.


I have been on a bit of a roll with Shari Lapena this summer and this is her latest - all good mysteries if you enjoy that kind of book.



    I was between books at one point recently and went to my bookshelf for something to read. I couldn't remember how this came out and it is keeping me intrigued. It's a handy book to read on the bus or at the senior's centre when it's quiet as it is small and can be tucked in your bag. Even though I'm half way through it I still haven't figured out "who done it"!

   So, there you have it. As you can see, most of the books are from the libray for which I am eternally grateful. There are now no late fines so you can keep the books indefinitely!

5 comments:

  1. We share similar tastes in literature. I shall look out for these books, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I mention "Homecoming" by Kate Morton? I read it last month and it's also good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not come across any of those but I do love a good read too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always on the lookout for good recommendations.

    ReplyDelete