Recipes

Translate

Thursday 1 June 2023

Another First

    Had to turn on the air conditioning unit today as we were up in the 30's by noon. Unfortunately, I left the walkout partially open when I went for a nap so I was basically cooling the outdoors! Tomorrow will continue very hot but then it is set to cool down a bit over the weekend, thank goodness.

     We still don't have much humidity so things cool off considerably overnight. That's when I open all the windows and let nature's cooling system take over. Another dip today and while I was still wet from my swim I watered the veggie patch and some of the borders that are in direct sun. Also filled the bird bath where the robins can have a drink and a paddle. Other than that I have stayed indoors where it is blissfully cool!

6 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for A/C. Temps on Thursday in our region got to 33 (c) & with humidity it was like 37 (c) - too hot for me. I'm like you, in the early hours I throw open the windows for fresh air & so far the mornings have been cool. I am hating the surge of mosquitoes - nasty buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mosquitos aren't too bad here. I think the chlorine in the pool water keeps them away - or so I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be hot here on the prairies over the next few days...This is not our normal weather for this time of year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here - it's usually later in the month when it really heats up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Air con really isn't a thing over here very much - not in homes anyway. I guess there aren't enough days when it is needed really. xx

    ReplyDelete