Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 20 June 2023

Heating Up

    Two dips in the pool today, once after tennis and again when I got home from my afternoon Bridge game. The pool is gradually getting warmer but having to top it up with cold water every other day is slowing the process. At the moment it's 73C and, with temperatures predicted to increase until Friday, that should continue to rise. No word yet when it will be repaired but at least I can continue to use it. 

    Interesting item in the news today - people who nap during the day for at least 30 mins. have larger brains and live longer! I love my afternoon nap. Most afternoons I get right into bed, read and doze for about an hour. Today was the last Bridge game until September so that will be an extra day when I can nap. My Monday Bridge game will continue through the summer and I don't always manage a nap on Wednesdays when I am at the Seniors' Centre serving lunches and coffee until 2:30. But, apart from these two days I will be regularly getting my head down on the pillow after lunch!

    

   

6 comments:

  1. Mr Man must have a huge brain by now - he is the master of afternoon naps. It was one of the perks of working from home, getting a rest period in. Cheers to a summer of afternoon naps & rest breaks. Thankfully you can use your pool - the temps are rising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me feel much better about my sneaky half hours!
    Fingers crossed the pool will be sorted very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brain must be the smallest one there is, never nap, only when I am not well.
    Hubby's brain must be pushing out of his ears soon, Oh my!! may that is why he does not hear very well. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall incorporate these into my future plans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you can still use the pool at least. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, being a consummate napper I must have a large brain, although I don't think that is what hubby means when he says I'm too smart for my own good.

    ReplyDelete