Recipes

Translate

Monday 26 June 2023

Rain and More Rain

    A pretty wild storm last night - sheet lightning, thunder and lashing rain - but at least no need to fill up the pool this morning. We have had several unsettled days recently but managed tennis on Friday and Sunday mornings as the rain held off both days until the afternoon.

    Today was pretty busy, first the monthly coffee social, then lunch at my house with my daughter before she returned to work and I headed to the Seniors Centre for Bridge. Finally, on my way home I stopped off to vote for our new Mayor. There were 102 candidates which made choosing the right one very difficult. I am currently waiting impatiently to hear the results especially as I didn't vote for the front runner. 


   This was lunch, a delectable sushi plate. After we had our fill, some went in my fridge for later and the rest went home with Judy.



   Not a great photo but this is a sprig of Orange Blossom that poked through my fence from my neighbour's back garden. 


6 comments:

  1. Ohhh, my orange blossom!! I bet it smells delicious.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many candidates? That's crazy!!
    What beautiful orange blossom. I guess it must smell wonderful too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two front runners each had around 30% of the vote and the rest had single digits. My choice didn't win!

      Delete
  3. Orange blossoms are such a lovely scent. Good luck with the new mayor - I'll say no more about that (col). You know I've never tried sushi & your plate of it looks very colourful & beautifully arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could eat sushi every day but, unfortunately, it is very high in sodium.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love sushi, had a dinner out wit DD2 some time ago, time to do it again. Orange blossoms, they look lovely and I bet smell nice too.

    ReplyDelete