Recipes

Translate

Friday 30 June 2023

A Summer Cruise

     Yesterday's weather was a huge improvement with a nice cool breeze and clear(er) skies. We could actually see the sun! Still a bit of smoke in the air but the wind has changed direction so it should dissipate in a day or two.

   This was very fortunate as it was the day of the Toronto Harbour Cruise to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the retired teachers group I belong to. We departed by bus right on time at 10:00 a.m. for downtown and were deposited at Harbourfront in plenty of time for the cruise. A stroll along the waterfront gave us a chance to stretch our legs before boarding the ship.

   Once we were well underway a delightful lunch was served followed by a celebratory cake. As we had the ship all to ourselves we could roam between decks, ogle all the extravagant water craft (how the "other half" live) and check out people enjoying the beaches and swimming spots on the islands. However, I imagine the water was still pretty cool.

   Back in dock and then another bus ride home. I had a nap so it seemed no time until we were ending the day back where we started!













8 comments:

  1. It looks as if you had a great day, even though the skies look overcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually quite sunny until we were on our way home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially as I didn't have to worry about battling traffic - just show up on time for the departure and then everything was organized for us!

      Delete
  4. When I was young I wanted to be a teacher... but then I found my true love... that cute sailor that I fell in love with and that was the route I took... being a wife, mother... I wonder what kind of teacher I would have been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was the school librarian for most of my career. The little kids especially all loved their weekly visit to the library. I don't know if I would recommend it as a career nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun adventure. How nice is that someone organized all that, gives you the chance to really enjoy the scenery & company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting to see changes to the downtown and waterfront. I hadn't been down there in ages.

      Delete