Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 31 May 2023

The First Dip

    I took my first dip in the pool today - it was so refreshing after coming home from my stint in the kitchen at the senior's centre. With the warm weather we have been having recently, it has warmed up considerably and I haven't had to use the heater yet.


Unfortunately it seems to have a slight leak as I have already had to add water twice since it was opened last week. The pool guys noticed it on Monday when they came to clean it and someone from the pool company will come soon to see if they can locate and fix the leak. Let's hope it's something simple. I've had enough pool related expenses already this year!

10 comments:

  1. Filling the pool as I type. We do it from our well and it takes about three days. There’s always some kind of maintenance with pools! How wonderful that you went in today! It was certainly hot enough! - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still pretty cool - the grandkids wouldn't get in if they were here. But I find it refreshing!

      Delete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is a simple fix for your pool company.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't heard from them yet - still hoping for a quick fix!

      Delete
  3. How wonderful; I do envy you your lovely pool. Fingers crossed the leak is minor. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a godsend this week with our high temperatures!

      Delete
  4. Having a pool is definitely a boon. I do hope it's a minor repair.Our pool here opens today. I am ready for it and looking forward to getting in a few lengths before the children take over :-) I really don't know what I would do without the pool during the torrid hot summer months here. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same, Amanda. Our summers seem to be getting hotter.

      Delete
  5. The pool looks very inviting & let's hope a small easy fix .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't wait to get in today, after tennis, as it was so hot!

      Delete