Recipes

Translate

Sunday 7 May 2023

First Day on the Courts

     It was the opening day social at the tennis club today and I was very rusty after not playing all winter. I didn't even get back to pickleball this year, which is played indoors. However, I am quite happy that I managed to serve and volley well enough to win a few games. It was lovely to see old friends and meet a few new ones, should be a good season once the weather settles down.

    The day started out fine but soon the clouds rolled in and rain stopped play around noon. We retired indoors for a nice lasagna and salad lunch (and cake!) and there were speeches and prizes for a lucky few. I won a new grip for my tennis racquet which was very welcome. I was in charge of the coffee - we went through a huge urn of the stuff as it was rather cool and damp - so had the job of cleaning the urn before I could depart. I have a feeling I will be a bit sore and achy tomorrow. Next outing will be Tuesday so I have time to recover.

6 comments:

  1. I admire you playing tennis. My shoulders are knackered so there is no way I could serve. Here's hoping for a warm, dry tennis season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful it must have felt to be on the courts again. A day of rest between the next rounds of play are probably best as you work up to fighting fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you play! I never really enjoyed the game...
    Congratulations on winning the racket handle!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to get out and play tennis, the weather should be improving soon, so you should not have to cut the game short due to the rain. Lunch sounds lovely. A day or two will make you fit again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that the weather cooperated enough for you to get out and play. Hopefully you weren't too stiff.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you were looking forward to getting back on the courts. How nice to have gotten some tennis in so you could enjoy the lasagna and cake without guilt.

    ReplyDelete