Recipes

Translate

Monday 15 May 2023

A Sad Time

    It's been a tough few days around here, although not to me personally. But when it's people you know, it still takes a toll. Last week my sister-in-law's husband died after being hospitalized for a week. Then just three days later, her brother, to whom she is very close, had a massive stroke and is in the ICU, intubated and in an induced coma. The prognosis is not good. She is devastated and the rest of the family is deeply concerned. 

    Then today a good friend's mother died, not entirely unexpected as she was very elderly and had been in decline for some time. But my friend is taking it rather badly and I'm afraid it will take some time for her to adjust to life without her mom. They will both need lots of support in the coming days. I hope I can provide it in some way or other.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sounds like too many tragedies all at once. My condolences to all those who are affected by these losses. They will no doubt appreciate your support. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly is a sad time with too many people you know are having a difficult time. My condolences to the families, supporting them in any way you can will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sad news. But, I know you will be a comfort to those who are grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I will pass them on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that there has been so many losses that close to you. I agree that takes a great deal out of a person.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Chris, my heart goes out to those suffering losses of loved ones. Sometimes the only thing we can do is to listen or just sit with them in their grief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness so much distress for your family and friends - I am sure you will be a tower of strength to the people that need you by just being there for them. Take care yourself. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sad. I am sure you will provide comfort.

    ReplyDelete