Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 30 May 2023

Slowing Down

    My three tennis friends and I are really showing our age! We only managed one set on the tennis court this morning. It was a long one but usually we manage at least two and sometimes three! Admittedly it was hot but we were only playing at half speed and after an hour and a bit decided to call it quits. Kathy (the energizer bunny) would have been happy to play on but Susan was injured - a calf muscle that has been bothering her for the last week - and Cathy and I, being the two oldest were just plain exhausted.

   I hope this doesn't spell the demise of our little group. We have cancelled our Thursday booking so won't play again until Sunday. Hopefully Susan's leg will be better by then. I will go to the social at our other club on Friday but, as it is forecast to reach 30C, I won't probably play long then either. We have stayed together through thick and thin (and Covid) so it would be very sad to end the partnership.

   

4 comments:

  1. I hope you can continue but maybe you could do something else together instead. A keep fit class or a nice walk, maybe? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it doesn't come to that as we all love playing tennis.

      Delete
  2. It is hot isn't it, hope you can continue to play together. There are other activities you could be involved in when the weather doesn't cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon we will start to play at 8:00 a.m. and also will adjust to the warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete