Recipes

Translate

Sunday 21 May 2023

In My Garden

    This has got to be the nicest time in my garden before the true summer heat dries everything up. We had plenty of rain yesterday so flowers are bursting out all over!

       

        The first Weigelia, it has pink blooms whereas the later one has deep red. It hasn't started yet. Isn't that strange?


         Lilac, it only lasts a few days but smells heavenly!


   Bleeding Heart (I have several, all from the same plant), Violets and Hosta. The Violets are lovely when in flower but do tend to take over later in the summer. No matter how much I pull them up, they still come back the next year!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful- I can almost smell that lilac! - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are already fading but were nice for a while.

      Delete
  2. I love lilacs...but have never been able to grow them, Your's are beautiful!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. I needed a hug today!

      Delete
  3. Your gardens are so pretty. I have no lilac bushes in my own garden & the neighbour's bushes haven't yet bloomed. I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have much in the way of borders but they are crammed full!

      Delete
  4. All so beautiful! I must admit spring is my favourite time of the year. The heady smell of Lilac wafting into your home must be truly delightful. I wonder if I could grow lilac in a pot for my balcony garden. Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, so great to hear from you - glad you are still checking out blogs. Will you be blogging again soon?

      Delete
  5. They do tend to take over but are very resilient to transplanting. Definitely should take some with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I am back. 😊 I uploaded a post to my blog yesterday and am gradually going through my list of blogs to contact everyone. 🤚


    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly wait to smell the lilacs are are just starting to get their blooms.

    So many flowers!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are really pretty, I picked some lilac today, to replace the lily of the valley which needed to go.

    ReplyDelete