Recipes

Translate

Friday 28 April 2023

Things Moving Along Smoothly

    The shed is virtually finished, I have paid my taxes and am still solvent! It was touch and go for a bit but my pension arrived just in time!

   I will post photos once the pool equipment is re-installed which will happen next week. Everything is going smoothly towards the pool opening on May 23rd. so the timing couldn't have been better. 

   A busy day, today. Dental checkup, x-rays and cleaning first thing and then straight to the annual meeting at the Seniors' Centre. The new executive was voted in then all attendees were treated to a pizza lunch. I guess that was the reward for attending and also ensuring there was a sufficient number of members to make up a quorum! A couple of positions went unfilled but I sat on my hands and managed to avoid volunteering for anything. Maybe someone else will be persuaded to step up.

   It's been a busy week as I was out at the theatre one night as well as my usual dance group nights, so I am happy to have a night at home. The play I attended, put on by an amateur group that my daughter is involved with, was well acted and quite funny. It's the last of the season for this particular company (Markham Little Theatre) but they have some interesting productions lined up for next season. I will definitely be attending all of them!

6 comments:

  1. Getting taxes done is such a sense of relief. How fun to have access to Markham Little Theatre, the smaller theatre groups, IMO, put some of the best productions on. I have to attend a church meeting this week & I'll take your example of sitting on my hands (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know someone has to volunteer bit it seems like the same people are expected to step up all the time.

      Delete
  2. I'm always glad to get those pesky taxes finish! There are SO many of them!
    Happy weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Donna. Well, that's it done for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still solvent here as well. Harvey had to pay, and I got more money back than he had to pay.... Now I have to check and see if our pensions came in what with the strike.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think my pension is affected by the strike. Seems some groups have settled so maybe the others will soon, too.

      Delete