Recipes

Translate

Monday 10 April 2023

Easter Lunch

    I only host two family meals and Easter is the second. There were just the six of us so it wasn't a big deal. After shopping around I found a reasonably priced leg of lamb so that was the main course. The price per lb. varied greatly from store to store, $16 at my usual store, $20 at another and finally $11 at the store I occasionally shop at. The leg cost $23 which I deemed a triumph. Pretty much the whole leg was consumed (my family are big meat eaters, especially the teenagers) but there is enough for a leftovers meal for me today.

   The starter was "al fresco" (sitting around the coffee table in the family room and nibbling cheese, crackers, shrimp and smoked mackerel with a glass of wine for the adults. I served the meat with roast potatoes (my specialty and I must say they were tasty and crisp) and the first asparagus of the season. After a break we had dessert and coffee and then got into the Easter chocolates. I really need to ration myself as chocolate is my weakness!

  I was pretty exhausted by the time they left, and really stuffed so no dinner, just a snack later in the evening. Judy had made a delicious cheesecake (she really is the Quenn of cheesecakes) and there is a slice left for me tonight too!



........... and a nice Portuguese red to go with the lamb. It was a nicely matured 2020.

6 comments:

  1. Your meal sound lovely. I have never had lamb, and am so tempted to give it a try.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day. Roast lamb and spuds - yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you scored big time on the leg of lamb. Your Easter sounds like a perfect day with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love lamb, dinner sounds very nice. glad you enjoyed it.











    ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The prices I quoted were per kg., not per lb. as I'm sure some of you realized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed the luncheon with the family! The menu sounded delicious...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete