Recipes

Translate

Thursday 30 March 2023

On My Bedside Table

   I picked up a couple of new reads at last weeks' Probus meeting. Now the pile by my bedside is threatening to take over. I recently finished the book for next week's book club meeting, The Shape of Family, so am ready to discuss it and return it right after. It was O.K but nothing special. I hope next month's is better. Should go and request it right away.


The rest are either mysteries or Detective stories as I am not in the mood for anything deep or thought provoking!


    

10 comments:

  1. A great selection to read. I have read The Clockmakers Daughter. I wonder what you will think of it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One down and four to go - that should keep me busy!

      Delete
  2. I'll let you know! But it will be a while until I get to it. Next month's book club book is The Silent Patient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good English Cozy...any day.
    Happy reading!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading takes me on a journey to other places and times.

      Delete
  4. Lots of reading piled up there, I should do more of it. So many other things I want to do get in the way. Must MAKE the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have about 3 books waiting for me at the library, all are novels & hopefully nice gentle reads as I need a break from the thought provoking ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you make much better progress on your bedside reading than me. Crime/mystery/thrillers are always my preferred genres. I tend to read non-fiction only if it is related to upcoming travel.

    ReplyDelete