Recipes

Translate

Sunday 19 March 2023

A Night on the Dance Floor

   Not much change from my last post - still wearing the coat and boots when I went for my (brief) walk as it was minus numbers again today and a bitter wind. BUT no need to shovel the small amount of snow we got overnight as it will be gone soon. The temperatures for the upcoming week are all in plus numbers! Could this possibly be our last frigid day?

   Last night was the monthly dance and I managed most of the dances, even though still gasping through the compulsory mask. This is the first one I have participated in since they started back up earlier this year. We are still not having a proper intermission (with food) but did have a 15 minute break to refresh ourselves. Here's one of the dances we did at an earlier monthly dance as you can see we are not masked. It's to commemorate the rebellion of 1745.



12 comments:

  1. I do hope our cold, snowy days are on their way out. My walk today was in the late afternoon sunshine at least. - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are finally starting to melt!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed watching that clip, many thanks. There's some good dancers there.

    Hoping your cold snap is over and things get back to normal for you very quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't come soon enough for me!

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed that the weekend snow was the last for the season. I read +10 & rain on Wednesday. Your dancing group all seem to have excellent memories to remember the dance patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do spend quite a bit of time learning and practicing the dances.

      Delete
  4. We had some melting yesterday and the day before, today is cloudy, we got some snow, and it is once again cold. The wind just bites.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I am glad to be out of the winter coat but, as you say, there's still a cold wind so you need an extra layer.

      Delete
  5. Dancing, how do you remember all of them. Hope the masking soon ends for your group, it must be difficult to breath with them on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. But I have just decided I don't need to dance every dance. There are usually 8 or 9 on the program. On Saturday I just danced 6, that was plenty.

      Delete
  6. I know you're looking forward to warmer days!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait! Today continued the upward trend, I'm pleased to say.

      Delete