Recipes

Translate

Thursday 2 March 2023

What Retirement Looks Like

    Today was what amounted for me as a very busy day since retirement!

   I was out by 8:30 a.m. to buy treats for the Executive meeting (muffins or donuts? decisions, decisions) At the meeting by 9:00 and managed to keep myself awake and participate in discussions until noon. Luckily there was plentiful coffee which really helped. Home by 12:30 and cleared some more ice from my driveway before fielding a phone call from the contractor building my shed (more of that later) and quickly heated a bowl of soup for lunch.

   Arrived at Book club by 1:15 for more snacks and again made an effort to join in the discussion but the book wasn't really to my taste so I wasn't fully invested in it. It did get lively at one point so not a totally wasted afternoon. If I'd been at home I'd probably have been napping anyway.

   I ran out of battery power on my way home and had to resort to the gas engine but the car is now plugged in and recharging. This has only happened once before since I bought the car last year as I usually plug it in before it gets too low. It will take 6 hours to recharge.

   Whew, I'm exhausted, especially since I missed my nap! It will be an early night for me. 

8 comments:

  1. That sounds a very busy day. Small wonder you felt so tired later. I hope today (Friday) is easier. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not nearly as busy. We're waiting for another storm to arrive so are hunkering down.

      Delete
  2. A very busy & social day. I'd vote for muffins for a meeting. Hopefully you had a good restful sleep & ready to go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a mixture. The muffins were most popular.

      Delete
  3. A busy day for sure, hope Friday can be a more restful day for you to recharge your battery.
    Personal question: you do not need to answer, however, I have been wondering about electric cars being charged at a public charging station. How much does it cost? As I said too personal that's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too personal, happy to answer. My car is a Toyota Prius Prime and can be charged at a regular outlet. I use the one in my garage. I haven't noticed much of an increase in my electricity use so run it on the battery as much as I can. It wouldn't be suitable for long trips or highway driving but running to the store, library etc., it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day you had. Interesting to read about your car. I would love to get a hybrid car.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't buy it new, it's a 2018. I am really happy with it and hope it's the last car I have to buy!

    ReplyDelete