Recipes

Translate

Monday 27 February 2023

Winter definitely not done with us!

   We are being hit by another major weather event and I know it's going to be bad as my dance group was cancelled tonight - it practically never is!

  It started snowing around dusk and looks to continue overnight and well into tomorrow morning so who knows how much of an accumulation we will get. Luckily, I have nothing planned until noon tomorrow so have the morning to dig out. 

    Today I was up and out early as I had one errand to run before being due at the Calabria Bakery at 9:30 for our Hava Java coffee social. We had a great turnout, the best since resuming after lockdown put an end to gatherings. On the way home I dropped into the library to scout out a book I had found online and, luckily, there it was on the shelf. For the first time in ages I was without anything to read. It was a book in the Detective Montalbano series by Andrea Camilleri. I also picked up Ian McEwens' latest book "Lessons", which looks to be a corker - early days yet but I am sure I will like it! It was on the "Best Buys" shelf and probably has a long wait list so a good find. At least I am well stocked up if we are, in fact, snowed in!

12 comments:

  1. You are well prepared. I hope it doesn't get as bad as you suggest. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are mostly dug out now and at least it's not too cold.

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed it won't be too bad but I'm glad you are well prepared anyway. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More snow forecast for Friday but right now it's not too bad.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. I have to remind myself to drive according to the conditions.

      Delete
  4. The whole week's forecast is snow & more snow. Hopefully you had your blower plugged in & charged up. It's Tuesday morning & I notice our road hasn't been ploughed as yet ... I guess another day of cancellations :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our road did finally get plowed overnight. The main roads have been fine.

      Delete
  5. Hope your weather was not as bad as predicted. We were warned of a lot more freezing rain than we actually recceived, lots of snow and wind. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My car was coated in ice this morning but it came off easily as the temperature rose.

      Delete
  6. I had read that you were going to get quite the storm. I think we may have a week with very little snow, but according to the extended forecast we will/might get a great deal of snow on Thursday of next week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter started late but it's certainly hanging around! Another storm on Friday, they say.

    ReplyDelete