Recipes

Translate

Monday 6 February 2023

   We had two new people at Knitters group this morning and some lovely treats. We have produced (not me personally, I am very slow) quite an accumulation of Twiddlemuffs but I managed to distribute some of our other creations (again, not me personally) to a Veteran's hospital. Now the job is to get into some Long Term Care homes with the Twiddlemuffs. 

    After the meeting 5 of us went for lunch. I had a Caesar salad which was very good and just the amount I wanted. Dinner tonight will be leftover chicken thighs and cabbage so not much preparation needed. Then I am off the Dance group where Nigel has promised us a very tricky dance, "The Glasgow Highlanders". Stay tuned to hear whether we mastered it or not!



7 comments:

  1. Sorry, you have to watch Lady Stewart's Reel before you get to The Glasgow Highlanders. Hope you will stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dance does look tricky. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Photos of a twiddlemuff, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too difficult and, being a strathspey, slower and easier to do. It did take the whole 2 hour class, however!

      Delete
  3. With all that dancing, you can eat out all you want, I bet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way!

      Delete
  4. I've read that sensory twiddlemuffs are very good for dementia patients; how kind of your good to make & donate. Hope you have/had lots of fun with the new dance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are lucky to have lots of donated materials but it really is a labour of love. There was a great sense of accomplishment when we finally got through the whole dance!

    ReplyDelete