Recipes

Translate

Friday 21 April 2023

The Shed

     My latest project has been in the planning stage since last Fall but is finally taking shape. I have wanted a shed to enclose the pool equipment for some time, basically from when the old shed had to be junked to put in a new heater. That was three or four years ago. My son did help me install a temporary shed but it only lasted one winter and proved incompatible with the location and equipment so I had to have it removed. Luckily I found someone to buy it and dismantle it although the price was nominal. It was a good deal for them!

   The new one is being done by a professional which I should have gone with in the first place. We live and learn. Anyway, last week work started and the first stage, constructing a cement pad, was completed yesterday. Construction on the shed will begin soon. The photos loaded from latest to earliest so that's how I will take you through it!

   

This is the cement pad finished, just needs the wooden forms removed.


Waiting for the cement to be laid.


The site once the pool equipment had been removed.



The pool equipment still "in situ". Ugly, isn't it? That's why I wanted it covered. Also, the electrical outlet was not designed to be exposed to the elements. I am so excited to finally get this done!

9 comments:

  1. It is going to be awesome to have all the pool equipment covered. They are doing an excellent job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. It's been a long time in the planning!

      Delete
  2. Just in time for summer. I hope you get a warm one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Only 11C today so a ways to go yet.

      Delete
  3. It is going to look so much better as well as being better for the equipment - very useful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more job ticked off my "to do" list! There's always something.

      Delete
  4. Summer's almost here!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't feel very summery today but hope springs eternal!

      Delete
  5. Progress being made -- yay!

    ReplyDelete