Recipes

Translate

Monday 17 April 2023

Back to the Icebox

     From a high of 29C last week we are now at 4C. I just hope it doesn't get below zero!

   I had to dig out my winter coat, gloves and hat today but I refuse to go back to wearing boots! They are in a cupboard in my basement and they are staying there no matter what. No snow for us in the forecast but some areas may get some tonight. Yuk!!

   It's 10:30 p.m. and I am trying to distract myself from nibbling as I have to fast until tomorrow morning (14 hrs.). I was at the doctor this morning to get a prescription renewed and now have to go for blood work tomorrow. This is the time when my resolve and self control are weakest but I am determined to go for the tests on an empty stomach. Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. All done but I was very hungry when I eventually had breakfast!

      Delete
  2. Oh, no. Snow in April is a slap in the face. I hope you escape it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just got a short squall which didn't lie, but it's still very cold!

      Delete
  3. I always ask for "first appointments" as in, 7:30am both for labs and Dr appointments. I Hate being put off until late in the mornings...and I always get them!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to the lab at 8:00 a.m. and there already was a queue. It took one and a half hours!

      Delete
  4. Hopefully your fasting will result in good blood numbers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I called to make an appointment for fasting bloodwork one day 2 years ago and they tried to give me a 2 pm slot. I told them no way could I not eat for that length of time. I got an earlier slot a couple of days later. We aren't allowed to just show up any longer for some reason.

    We will be back into blizzard conditions here. Not looking forward to the amount of snow we are supposed to get.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some labs here require an appointment but not all. Hope the snowfall isn't significant.

    ReplyDelete