Recipes

Translate

Monday 7 February 2022

Still Digging Out

    It was a little milder today so I spent an hour scraping ice off my driveway and digging a circuitous route to the composter. It was hard work but I kept warm, even my fingers. Now my shoulders are aching but in a pleasant way. When I got tired I cleared the snow off the deck chair and sat for a while to get my breath back. The sun felt quite warm on my face!

I think the piles may have shrunk slightly but it's still a lot of snow!

This is the path I dug from the garage to the house and back yard.

 
Continuing around to the walkout which is intermittently frozen shut so I haven't been using it.
 The pool is under the snow to the left.

And finally to the composter - it's a bit of a trek but worth it for the glorious compost I will get next fall! I still have to put my boots on as I just dug through the deeper drifts.

   I hope you find this interesting. As you can probably tell, it will be some time until we see any signs of Spring although, once it starts to melt, it goes quite quickly. At least I won't be having to mow the lawn any time soon!


14 comments:

  1. I love the snow - especially as I don't have to try to get to work in it now, I can go out and enjoy it. Usually we are stuck in if we have that much snow as the only way out of our estate is uphill and very few cars make it to the top. The council don't grit or plough our road anymore they only do primary bus routes. Luckily we have village shops we can walk to for food if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again I am wishing I lived somewhere it snowed! I know - it looks better in pictures and if you don't have to go out in it. But still. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's sparkly when the sun shines on it. Quite a winter wonderland. I once got snowed in at a farm house for three days and it was quite magical.

      Delete
  3. I am delighted with your images - photos are the only snow I ever want to see again! You should be proud of yourself for all that hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still out there chipping away at the ice. We had freezing rain just before the last snowfall.

      Delete
  4. It looks beautiful. We're never going to get snow like that around here. I'm glad you are coping with it all.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when the sun is shining. The shoveling I do in small doses.

      Delete
  5. That is a lot of snow & well done you in shoveling all those paths. Neighbours look at me strangely when I pull out a lawn chair to sit in the winter's sunshine, so glad to read I'm not the only one enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's sunny and warm enough, that's my favourite place to be!

      Delete
  6. you dug a lot of snow, hope you will not be feeling the results of all that work in the days to come.
    Some of our is shrinking with the seroz plus degrees. Unfortunately, getting ready for more to come. Is Winter in Canada, can't expect much else, can we?
    Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! Will it be a big dump? I can barely lift it on top of the snow banks as it is. Today I was just pushing the ice I was chipping away at to the side.

      Delete
  7. Our snow has slowly gone away, but now we have ice. I really, really hate ice.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More snow is on the way. I expect you have got it by now.

      Delete