Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 2 February 2022

Groundhog Day

     Today, the temperature has been above zero for the first time since December and what a lift it gives to the spirits! Despite being drizzly and dull I really relished an almost intoxicating lift to my mood. It is merely a short reprieve but very welcome! Wiarton Willie (our local groundhog) definitely didn't see his shadow today which means we will have an early Spring - let's hope he's right.

    On Monday I managed an abbreviated workout as I was still not 100%, but today I did the whole shebang (aerobics, abdominals and weights) and felt much better for it. Then later in the morning I walked for about 40 mins. (despite the drizzle, it was actually quite refreshing). Things are definitely looking up!

   We are headed for another big dump of snow overnight so it was even more important to have today's milder temperatures. It shouldn't be quite as much as last month but will be enough to give me a bit of a workout shoveling. I will boost the battery of the snowblower just in case it is a bit more than I can handle with the shovel.

8 comments:

  1. Your energy is inspiring. I hope Wiarton Willie is right and you get an early reprieve from Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly hope it's not going to be another 6 weeks of winter which is what another groundhog predicted!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better & coming back with such vim & vigour :)
    We already have about 15cm on the ground & it is still snowing, most definitely Thursday will be a snow blower day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get that much but more is coming overnight. I'm ready for it!

      Delete
  3. It's lovely when the weather is a bit warmer, isn't it. I hope the expected snow isn't too heavy or restricting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was out today (twice!) but have tucked the car away again as more snow is expected overnight.

      Delete
  4. So much snow! Our island would have ground to a halt. It is mild and sunny here today but such a strong wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are well anchored - don't want you getting blown into the Irish Sea!

      Delete