Recipes

Translate

Sunday 20 February 2022

Staying Pretty Isolated

    Daughter and oldest grandson came by today, ostensibly so he could clear my driveway of snow. I could have done it myself as it wasn't a big snowfall this time, but left it for him to do.

   They are my first visitors of the year (except for the appliance repair man) and I'm not expecting anyone else any time soon. I will be at their house in March for grandson's birthday and they will come here on Easter for our traditional leg of lamb meal. I see that isn't until April so maybe I will have someone else drop by before then. Meanwhile I am quite happy with my own company and will be even happier once the weather allows me to get out more,

   I did forget daughter came by in January with dinner for Robbie Burns birthday so this is actually my second visit in 2022. She didn't stay long as she was on her way home from work but we had time for a brief chat over coffee.

   So, at the moment, it is quite a solitary life chez moi. I'm hoping the fitness classes at the Senior's Centre will start up again in March and the number of infections and hospitalizations are going down. Dare I say "The end is in sight"? This feels like tempting providence - I read that Covid is rampant in deer populations, so who knows if another mutated version of Covid is lurking somewhere! 

15 comments:

  1. There is little news on TV over here about it at the moment so it feels like it is all over but I am not so sure it is - our Queen has now tested positive so it is still in the community but hopefully the symptoms are no worse than a cold and will remain so. Hope you begin to get out more as the weather improves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am missing my daily walks and my scales are showing the result!

      Delete
  2. I would visit you in a heartbeat but the logistics are a tad complicated!
    I think we are learning to live with Covid in Australia. The panic of the past two years has all but disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masks are still required here indoors but the numbers are reassuring.

      Delete
  3. Doesn't seem like there is much temptation for you to be out and about with the weather you are having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely today - almost felt like Spring!

      Delete
  4. Other than the occasional walk outside during the winter when it is decent out, I hunker down and stick very close to home (well I do go out to grocery shop, do banking and other such errands).

    Our Lenten Bible study is starting this week so I will be out and among people starting this Thursday. A bit leery about that as masking will be done here for the second class.... Not too sure about that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is sensible to keep wearing masks for the time being.

      Delete
  5. I'm getting out and about more than I'm meeting up0 with people. As Viv, says, the Queen seems to have a mild dose (they say - but they don't usually report when she is 'mildly' ill so we will see . . .) and death rates have fallen dramatically over this winter so . . . as I said, we will see.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, best to be cautious for a while more.

      Delete
  6. How nice to have family visit - oh & happy Family Day today. We haven't had anyone inside for a visit in 2 years, in the nice weather we have had 3-4 visits with friends who were part of our "bubble". I miss those dinner parties; sharing food & drink & lots of laughs. I believe the world health organization is keeping an eye on the variant BA-2! I don't think Doug's plan of ditching caution for votes is good medical science (IMO).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think DoFo is out of his mind. Yes, he is only after votes. Still can't believe he didn't show his face in Ottawa.
      Other than visiting with a friend in the building and going to friends last week, we haven't been near anyone either since the beginning of the year.

      Delete
    2. I think he is taking his cue from Boris Johnson who is also looking for votes!

      Delete
  7. It does feel like things are moving in a more positive direction at last. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. The numbers here are dropping pretty rapidly, so much so that the restrictions at the assisted living/nursing homes should be dropped soon as well. That is always the definitive measure in my mind. I feel like the past two weeks are seeing us get out of the house more and more. It is not normal yet, but we are working towards it.

    ReplyDelete