Recipes

Translate

Friday 18 February 2022

Here We Go Again!

    This is what greeted me when I opened the front door this morning!



   Seemingly we got about 20 cms.  of snow. First I cleared the drive with the snowblower, then I shoveled the pathways. It was pretty cold to begin with (-12C) but I warmed up as I worked. The sun helped too and melted some icy spots. It got up to -3C later in the day so I went back out and tidied some parts I'd missed. All in all an energetic day!


From my kitchen window - the snow has pretty much dropped off the branches by now.

The pool is under there somewhere. The cover is really sagging with the weight of the snow. I hope it survives until the Spring melt!


18 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful though - we have very wet unrelenting rain at the moment - I long for a bit of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little snow is fine but we seem to have been inundated this month!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sure, but you didn't have to shovel it! My driveway has a bit of a slope and I have been stuck on it several times in the past. So, can't leave it until it melts.

      Delete
  3. I bet you will be happy when spring arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my. That does look lovely. Cold, sure, but lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was depressing to open the door and see how much shoveling I had to do!

      Delete
  5. That is a lot of snow! I love when it settles on the tree branches. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More snow overnight but I didn't go out as the wind was blowing a hooley!

      Delete
  6. Oh....... brrrrr! We have had storm force winds here but no snow yet. That may change soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it's calmed down a bit by now. The wind has dropped here a bit but it's still cold.

      Delete
  7. Makes for a beautiful picture and fine as long as you are able to stay in. No snow here just relentless rain and constant wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd heard it was pretty wild where you are. Hope you have survived it. Yes, better to stay indoors.

      Delete
  8. It seems now with all the global warming stuff, February has become our snow month. IMO, the only good thing about the weather lately has been the lovely sunshine. A pretty view from your kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it's just a brick wall so it's nice to have a change of scenery.

      Delete
  9. While I love how clean everything looks with a coating of snow. I really dislike clearing it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete