Recipes

Translate

Sunday 13 February 2022

Cleanliness is next to Godliness

  .....which is why I clean the bathrooms on a Sunday! This was a famous motto of my mother. Although I believe in adhering to Christian values, I am not even slightly religious so a Sunday doing cleaning chores suits me fine. While putting away the cleaning supplies I noticed that the laundry room floor was a bit grubby so that got done as well. All in all, pretty pleased with my progress with the big Spring cleanup.

    It was too cold and icy underfoot for a walk today. I almost fell taking the garbage out as the rain last week on top of snow followed by a snap freeze created an ice rink of the paths I dug earlier. I did walk yesterday but had to keep my eyes down to make sure I avoided the icy patches on the sidewalks.

   Right now I am watching tennis - a tournament in Rotterdam with a Canadian, Felix A-A, in the final. So far he is doing well, up a break, but it is early days. Then more Olympics later on. I am really enjoying the speed skating, the ski and snowboard events, and any other sport that has a Canadian presence. Not a big fan of curling or ice hockey, though! I will skip those.







12 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying the Olympics - and love the curling - it's so tactical and never involves the possibility of someone crashing out and getting injured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 'one day in seven' thing is an excellent principle but when that day should be is surely down to the individual, especially nowadays.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a routine and a schedule or else things don't get done.

      Delete
  3. You remind me that my oven along with my refrigerator needs a good clear out & clean. I cannot believe all the ice underfoot - a great reason not to go walking today & stay home & clean (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  4. More of the same today although I managed a short walk. The roads were safer than the sidewalks. Luckily there wasn't much traffic on the side streets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roads are really icy here as well. I am not walking as much as I should because of that.

    Sunday's here are spent catching up on a few things and working on projects.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowing here again! Hope it isn't too much, I am done with shoveling!

      Delete
  6. I am not a regular cleaner but do enjoy the results.
    I don't think I have had to worry about taking the bins out before! Maybe a swooping magpie now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My path to the composter is now clear and I can go out in my sneakers. By this time in the season I hate my winter boots!

      Delete
  7. It is very icy underfoot here also, that is why I am not walking. Going to get the mail a few minutes walk down the street is treacherous.
    I do regular cleaning,,,,,regular!!! when I see dust,I clean. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my philosophy too but a lot goes undetected (or deliberately ignored!).

      Delete