Recipes

Translate

Thursday 27 August 2020

Onward and Upward!

    Cooler yesterday but hot again today. We had a considerable amount of rain overnight so today was incredibly humid. I came home from tennis basically soaking! It has become quite breezy in the last hour or so - that might clear out the humidity.

   The grandkids were over yesterday and kept me busy keeping them out of mischief. At one point we walked over to my local park to pick crab apples. The trees were loaded with fruit but most of it out of reach. Judy will make crab apple jelly if there is enough fruit.

   Not much to report today. I have put aside the Hillary Mantel book as I got a new Kate Atkinson book from the library, so I spent the afternoon getting into it. It's called "One Good Turn" and is an early Jackson Brodie mystery. I saw the movie version on TV recently but the book is quite a bit different. So, no reason to be bored when I have a couple of good books on hand!

There were a few spots of rain while we were playing tennis so Kathy got out her umbrella. Hard to hit the ball with only one hand free!


4 comments:

  1. I hope things are more comfortable again now. I agree that a book keeps the boredom well and truly away. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get in a panic if I am without something decent to read!

      Delete
  2. It's been quite foggy these past few mornings, but I was so thankful for the rain of Wednesday night. Hope Judy can get enough crab apples - nothing nicer than free fruit to make the jelly, which is a favourite of mine. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for a sample if she makes it.

      Delete