Recipes

Translate

Sunday 23 August 2020

Another Scorcher

    Apart from my tennis game this morning, I have basically stayed indoors as we reached 31C again today. The pool has warmed up again to almost 80C without having to use the heater so I'm happy about that. I was in three times just to cool off and bring my body temperature back to normal.

    We started tennis at 8:00 a.m. but within minutes it was already too hot. We played two sets (split again so everyone was a winner!) but I was exhausted and shaky by the time we stopped. Cathy had us over for coffee afterwards and Susan brought delicious scones with jam and cream. Not a bad way to pass the morning.

    Now, by 6:30, I have finally recovered. I spent the afternoon watching tennis from the U.S (the Canadian lost) and reading my current book, "The Mirror and the Light" by Hillary Mantel. It is almost 900 pages but quite riveting! The third book in a trilogy; it will keep me occupied for some time.

2 comments:

  1. The humidity over the weekend kept promising pop up storms, but alas nothing to help the gardens or break the heat. Scones with cream & jam sounds a perfect way to finish the morning. Thankfully I am pool sitting again! I'll check out Hilary Mantel at the library, I always appreciate book recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be warned! Her books are lengthy. Best to read them in order.

    ReplyDelete