Recipes

Translate

Sunday 15 September 2019

Lots of Tomatoes

    I have been picking a few tomatoes at a time from the Green Zebra plant and today I had accumulated enough to make a batch of chutney. The tomatoes are quite green inside but are ripe and worked out well in the chutney.


The Green Zebra is the one on the right.

   The chutney was very easy - just onions, tomatoes, raisins, brown sugar and malt vinegar. The pound of tomatoes made just one jar but I will keep making a jar at a time as long as the tomatoes keep ripening. I am still getting lots of tomatoes off the other plants for eating.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah for the bounty in your garden. Fingers crossed that the tomato season gifts you more. I missed growing tomatoes this year - nothing like picking a sun warmed tomato for a toasted tomato sandwich at lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's the best, isn't it? I like making bruschetta for a late night snack.

    ReplyDelete