Recipes

Translate

Thursday 30 May 2019

Not What I'd Planned to Do!

    "Sound of Music" last night with Judy - what fun! It was a marvellous production and the cast (especially the von Trapp children) were so good. We both enjoyed it very much. There was a reception afterwards to meet the cast but we didn't stay long as we had a long drive home - Judy especially.

    Today I had a good game of tennis with Soo, Paul and Washington. It was very close (7-5 in the tiebreak) but I put the last shot in the net so Soo and Paul came out on top this time. Maybe we will have a rematch next week.

   This afternoon I buckled down and finished the Minutes for last week's AGM. That should be my last act as Secretary but they haven't been able to find a replacement so who knows? I would have liked to have been out gardening but I had to stay indoors to wait for the person coming to spray protection on my new furniture. She was to come between 1:00  and 5:00 - Sod's law, she arrived at 4:35! The couch and chair are still wet so I'll be sitting on the floor to watch TV tonight. At least I have the Minutes out of the way.

    

4 comments:

  1. I hate those service time ranges, you cannot plan for anything else. I took minutes for a church meeting a few weeks ago, our regular minute taker was out sick - I have a new found respect for those that do this task regularly. So well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was always important stuff I missed, one of the reasons I gave it up. Plus I was getting cramps in my hand from all the scribbling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 'retired' as secretary for the art group, but there are still things I have to do as no-one else can ? Foxgloves come in from the wild. They are a lovely plant. Good for bees etc.

    ReplyDelete